Monday, November 10, 2008

Day 10

I set my phone for 6am so I could pack up and get into the park before the crowds. I was still a bit tired from the long technical ride the day before and the short night of sleep. I was loaded gased up and in the park before 8am. I didn't realize just how big Yellowstone is. By the time entered the park and the west side and exited on the north end I had about 120 miles on. I stopped at Old Faithful but jsut my luck she had blown right before I got there. I didn't want to wait for the next one so I took a pic and hit the road. Heres old Faithful



Some other Geysers..


Yellowstone Lake..




The other road I wanted to ride this trip was the Beartooth highway which starts at the north entrance to the park.



Some pics from the Beartooth...





After driving over the pass I was getting hungry plus I was a bit cold so I stopped at the Red Lodge resort for a late lunch of a buffalo burger. I got back on the road and headed for I90 again. I made it Laurel, MT when I was getting to tired to ride. I pulled into a riverside park, found a nice shaded spot under a huge tree and slept for a couple of hours. During the nap I heard a helicopter fly over and opened my eyes enough to see it was carrying a water bucket for fighting fires. Also the local sherrif was launching a boat at the ramp. After I came too I found out there was a fire on an island in the middle of the river.

I got on the interstate and headed for Rapid City. I had a reservation at the Super duper 8 that evening. Finally pulled in about 10pm after "only" 626 miles. I had a heck of a time finding any pizza delivery that late but finally conviced a local shop to bring me one. Another long day and slept like a baby.

No comments: